Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brinner

Brinner, or the breakfast for dinner, is a meal that I have fond memories of. As a child, whenever I had a chance to have Eggo Waffles for two meals in a day was a treat. Eventually as my palette developed I have found that breakfast is a meal that has some of the most options and one that I rarely get tired of. Now Brinner is a special meal, one that I associate with cooler weather because many of the items served can be considered comfort foods. When my college's cafeteria posted a sign saying that we would be having dinner, I was intrigued. On the weekends here, they serve breakfast foods through the afternoon and usually have quite a spread. There's always eggs, an omelet station, pancakes, french toast, belgian waffles, yogurt, cinnamon rolls and a variety of breakfast related meats. I was expecting a similar spread, but was delighted to find that they had expanded on their regular menu. Instead of just plain pancakes they had banana pecan. I was fortunate enough to try a Hot Flyer omelet. Eventually I will post about the regular Hot Flyer, but to get an idea it is either a sandwich or flatbread filled with buffalo chicken, chipotle ranch, and cheese. For the omelet version they included all of these ingredients plus onions and peppers. I added a little bit of hot sauce for an extra zing and ended up having a great meal that combined a favorite lunch item with a breakfast twist. Good job Crest, bring back Brinner soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment