Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good Food and Great Family Time

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and as I have mentioned before, this is my relationship with Italian food. Today I went out to lunch with my Aunt and Uncle who were in town and we went to a local Olive Garden. When going out for Italian I don't usually go to Olive Garden because there are other Italian restaurants in a closer range to my house so I was delightfully surprised. I started with the Minestrone soup with some fresh grated mozzarella on top. I like Minestrone, but this bowl surpassed my expectations. The broth was just spicy enough and the vegetables were very fresh (much better than the soggy overcooked options in my dorm).  I'm not a huge soup person, but I could have eaten the entire bowl. I stopped myself to prepare for my pasta-Grilled Chicken Caprese. It had fresh tomato, basil, grilled shrimp on angel hair pasta with a garlic butter sauce.  Needless to say it was heaven. The ingredients blended perfectly to create a light pasta that was full of flavor, but not overwhelming. I left the restaurant happy, pleasantly full and fully appreciative of good Italian food and good family. Thanks Aunt Karen and Uncle Tim for taking me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment